This project and subsequent post is so overdue. You know what they say: “Sometimes life gets in the way”, and the past couple months have definitely thrown some curves at me. Now that the holiday dust has settled a bit, there’s time to pick up where I left off.
Originally, I planned to mix up this recipe to fill the jars from the first part of this post and give them out over the holidays. I realized though, in the last couple of days, these could also make cute gifts for Valentine’s Day. So, while my sweetie was cooking us breakfast this morning, I busted out the supplies and got to work.
My first step was to sanitize the jars and lids in the dishwasher to destroy any microbes that have lingered from the jars’ previous uses. Next I mixed and tested the scrub. I found that I needed a bit more coconut oil than the recipe called for, to create the consistency that I prefer. Otherwise, it was a bit dry and tended to crumble away. Once I had the mixture down, and the jars were ready, I redecorated the lids in appropriate St. Valentine fashion using scrap booking remnants and leftover Christmas ribbon.
I’m really happy with the finished product and am excited to present these to my loved ones. I’m also considering whipping up some body butter to pair with the scrub for a complete winter skin treatment.